We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
For beginners in homemade preparations, tomatoes with apples for the winter may seem like a strange combination. But every experienced housewife knows that apples not only perfectly combine with almost any fruit and vegetable, but also play the role of an additional preservative, due to the natural acid contained in these fruits. In addition, these fruits and vegetables in one preparation take all the best from each other, and the taste of such a pickled salad will be inimitable.
How to pickle tomatoes with apples for the winter
The fruits for pickling in the recipes described below must be carefully selected. This is especially true of tomatoes, since it is they who, as a rule, remain intact, therefore it is required to select tomatoes that are not too large, without damage and stains. It is also allowed to use unripe tomatoes - after all, they are able to give some specific taste to the harvest, which many even prefer to the traditional one.
Advice! Before putting tomatoes in jars, it is advisable to chop them in several places with a needle or a toothpick so that their skin does not burst during the preservation process.
The fruit is usually chosen with a sweet and sour taste and a juicy crunchy pulp. Antonovka is the most traditional choice for many recipes. They can also be used in a slightly unripe form, since not everyone likes the sweetness of the fruits in this workpiece, and the acid contributes to the good preservation of tomatoes.
The fruit is cut into slices, so if there is any damage, they can be easily cut out. The ratio of vegetables and fruits used can be any - it all depends on the recipe and on the tastes of the hostess. But if the slices of fruit are cut more thinly, then more of them fit into the jar with the same volume of tomatoes.
Important! Traditionally, such recipes for 7 tomatoes use about 7 slices of medium-sized apples.
Numerous spicy and aromatic additives are often used in this pickled preparation: onions, garlic, herbs and spices. It is important not to overdo it with them, so that they do not overshadow the delicate apple aroma inherent in the dish.
Salting tomatoes with apples can be done with or without sterilization. There are also recipes without vinegar added.
In any case, glass containers for conservation must be sterilized before inserting the necessary components into them. Caps are also subject to mandatory sterilization - they are usually kept in boiling water for about 7 minutes just before twisting.
And after twisting, pickled tomatoes are cooled, like many other hot blanks, upside down, wrapping them up with warm clothes. This technique contributes to additional sterilization and subsequent preservation of conservation for the winter.
The classic recipe for tomatoes with apples
According to this recipe, the very process of canning pickled tomatoes with apples for the winter takes a minimum amount of time and effort.
And the composition of the components is the simplest:
- 1.5 kg of tomatoes
- 0.5 kg of apples;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of granulated sugar and non-iodized salt;
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of 6% table vinegar;
- half a teaspoon of black and allspice.
- Prepared vegetables and fruits are placed in layers in jars.
Attention! The number of layers depends on the size of the tomatoes and cans.
- Boiling water is carefully poured into the jars and left to steam for 10 minutes.
- Using special lids, the water is drained and a marinade is prepared on its basis.
- Add pepper, sugar and salt and heat to 100 ° C.
- After boiling, pour in vinegar and pour jars of fruits with boiling marinade.
- Banks are instantly sealed for the winter.
Tomatoes with apples in German
No one knows for sure why the recipe for pickling tomatoes began to be called harvesting in German. However, pickled tomatoes with apples and peppers for the winter are best known by this name.
- 2000 g of strong tomatoes;
- 300 g sweet bell pepper;
- 300 g of fruit;
- 10 g parsley;
- 50 ml of apple cider vinegar;
- 40 g salt;
- 100 g granulated sugar;
- 3 liters of water.
The manufacturing method is not particularly complicated:
- Fruits and vegetables are washed, deseeded and cut into medium-sized slices.
- Together with chopped parsley, spread evenly over sterile jars.
- Boil water with sugar, salt, add vinegar after boiling.
- The resulting mixture is poured into jars of vegetables and fruits.
- Then they are covered with sterile metal lids and sterilized for at least 15 minutes (liter jars) to ensure good preservation for the winter.
Sweet tomatoes with apples for the winter
Many people associate apples with honey sweetness; apparently, it is not for nothing that the sweet recipe for tomatoes for the winter is especially popular. Moreover, the cooking technology is no different from traditional German tomatoes for the winter, with only one exception. According to the recipe, granulated sugar is taken twice as much.
Tomatoes with beets and apples
Beets will give pickled tomatoes an unusual attractive shade, and the marinade in taste and color resembles compote so much that even children will drink it with pleasure.
A 3-liter jar will contain the following components:
- 1700 g of tomatoes;
- 2 beets;
- 1 large apple;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- 1 carrot;
- 30 g salt;
- 130 g sugar;
- 70 ml of fruit vinegar (apple cider).
To prepare pickled tomatoes with beetroot and apples for the winter, use the three-time pouring method:
- Beets and carrots are peeled, cut into thin slices.
- Fruit, as usual, is cut into slices.
- Prepared tomatoes are laid out in jars, interspersed with fruits and vegetables.
- Pour boiling water over them three times, leaving each time for 6-8 minutes.
- After the second pouring, a marinade is prepared from the resulting water, adding sugar, salt and vinegar.
- The containers with the blanks are poured for the third time and immediately sealed.
Tomatoes with apples, beets and onions for the winter
If, in the recipe described above, one beet is replaced with an onion, then the pickled tomato harvest will acquire a more piquant shade. In general, tomatoes for the winter with apples and onions can be prepared as a completely independent dish, even without adding beets and carrots.
In this case, the amount of sugar can be somewhat reduced, and, on the contrary, add classic spices for pickled vegetables: peppercorns, bay leaves. Otherwise, the technology for making tomatoes according to this recipe for the winter is absolutely identical to the previous one.
Tomatoes with apples for the winter without vinegar
The experience of many housewives has shown that using the method of spilling three times with boiling water, it is quite possible to roll tomatoes without vinegar. After all, the fruits themselves, especially Antonovka and other unsweetened varieties, contain a sufficient amount of acid to preserve the harvest for the winter.
On a three-liter jar of pickled tomatoes, it is enough to put one large fruit, cut into slices, and pour the contents twice with boiling water and the third time with marinade with sugar and salt, so that the tomatoes are preserved for the whole winter.
Tomatoes marinated for the winter with apples, vegetables and herbs
This recipe allows you to prepare a real salad for the winter, where even large tomatoes can be used, since all components, including tomatoes, are cut into pieces of different shapes and sizes.
You will need:
- 1 kg of tomatoes of any maturity;
- 1 kg of small cucumbers;
- 1 kg of apples;
- 1 kg of onions;
- 1 kg of medium carrots;
- 500 g of sweet colored pepper;
- 30 g of dill greens with inflorescences, basil, cilantro;
- 70 g of rock salt;
- 100 g granulated sugar;
- 15 peas of black and allspice;
- 3 bay leaves.
- Tomatoes and apples are cut into slices, cucumbers - into slices, peppers and onions - into rings, carrots are ground on a coarse grater, greens are chopped with a knife.
- Vegetables, fruits and herbs are transferred to a deep bowl, mixed with spices and spices.
- They are laid out in small containers and sterilized for at least 30 minutes, after which they are immediately twisted for the winter.
How to close tomatoes with apples, cinnamon and cloves for the winter
This recipe for pickled tomatoes for the winter is able to conquer with its original taste. But for the first time, it is still recommended to make a small portion of the workpiece in order to understand how much it goes beyond the usual boundaries.
For one 3-liter jar you will need:
- 1.5 kg of tomatoes;
- 3 large apples;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- 3 black peppercorns;
- 30 g salt;
- 100 g sugar;
- 3 carnation buds;
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon;
- a few sprigs of dill and parsley;
- 2 leaves of lavrushka;
- 50 ml of apple cider vinegar.
The recipe for tomatoes for the winter with apples and spices by the method of production is not much different from others:
- At the bottom of the glass container, place half the cloves of garlic and a sprig of herbs.
- Then the tomatoes and fruit slices are mixed with spices.
- Place the rest of the garlic and herbs on top.
- As before, the contents of the jar are poured with boiling water, drained after 10-12 minutes, and this procedure is repeated two times.
- For the third time, add salt, sugar and cinnamon to the water.
- Pour the marinade for the last time and roll up for the winter.
Canned tomatoes for the winter with apples and hot peppers
This recipe differs from traditional German tomatoes only by the addition of hot peppers. Usually, half a pod is placed on a three-liter container, but each housewife can add as much hot pepper to which she is used to.
Preparation for the winter: tomatoes with apples and mustard
In this recipe, mustard not only gives an additional piquancy to the taste of the pickled preparation, but also ensures its additional safety for the winter.
- 1.5 kg of tomatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 2 green apples;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 3 dill umbrellas;
- 10 peas of allspice and black pepper;
- 50 g of salt;
- 50 g sugar;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of mustard powder.
The method of making pickled tomatoes with green apples for the winter according to this recipe is completely standard - by pouring three times a day. The mustard is added at the last, third stage of pouring, along with salt and sugar, and the jars are immediately tightened.
Rules for storing pickled tomatoes with apples
Tomatoes marinated with these fruits can be stored both in the cellar and in the pantry. The main thing is to choose a dry and dark room. They are stored in such conditions until the next harvest.
Tomatoes with apples for the winter can be prepared according to different recipes, but in any case, the preparation cannot but please with the original taste of natural fruits and vegetables.