We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Nizhegorodets hives are a modern type of bee house. No traditional wood is used for their manufacture. Hives are made with polyurethane foam. The construction is light, durable, warm, and resistant to decay.
Features of beehives Nizhegorodets
A feature of a modern house for bees is that the Nizhny Novgorod hive is made of polyurethane foam. The model surpassed the Finnish BiBox in its performance, as well as the Polish designs of Tomas Lyson. The hives were developed by Nizhny Novgorod craftsmen. This is where the name came from.
Nizhegorodets is made like a traditional vertical hive. Depending on the dimensions, the case accommodates 6, 10 and 12 frames of the Dadanovskoy (435x300 mm) or Rutovskaya (435x230 mm) models. Six-frame hives have been around since 2016. In addition to the stationary Dadanovskaya and Rutkovskaya frames, the Nizhegorodets hulls can be used with semi-frames measuring 435x145 mm. Such a design is called a store or an extension.
Important! For sale Nizhegorodets comes in the form of a structure of one-piece casings. The hive is sold in two versions: painted and unpainted.
Nizhny Novgorod hives are cast in special matrices that give the product the desired shape. The ends of the cases and magazines are equipped with a connecting lock like folds. The connection is loose, has a small horizontal clearance of about 1 mm, due to which the separation of the elements is simplified. The bottom of the hive is covered with a steel mesh. For its insulation, a polycarbonate liner is provided. The roof is equipped with ventilation holes. The intensity of air exchange is regulated by plugs.
At the top, Nizhegorodets has no entrances. The tray has been replaced with a thick PET film. The canvas completely covers the honeycomb without leaving the slightest gap for ventilation. Nizhegorodets is equipped with a ceiling feeder. The inner space for the frames is expanded by 50 mm. Outside, on the cases, there are recesses that play the role of handles. The corners of the hives have technical clearances that simplify the separation of the bodies by prying off with a chisel.
What materials are they made of
The Nizhny Novgorod beehive is produced from polyurethane foam - polyurethane foam. The material is resistant to moisture, used in construction for thermal insulation. Polyurethane foam has the following characteristics:
- density varies from 30 to 150 kg / m3;
- thermal conductivity of 1 cm of polyurethane foam is equivalent to 12 cm of wood;
- PPU products can last up to 25 years;
- the material rejects moisture, provides excellent sound insulation inside the hive;
- bees and rodents do not eat polyurethane foam;
- due to the absence of toxic emissions, polyurethane foam is harmless to bees, humans, beekeeping products.
Polyurethane foam hives Nizhegorodets are not afraid of the effects of most aggressive chemicals.
Important! It is inadmissible to hit the hive from the PPU with open fire.
Advantages of PPU hives Nizhegorodets
Given the good characteristics of PPU, the main advantages of hives made from this material can be distinguished:
- inside the hive it is warm and favorable microclimate in winter;
- due to the high sound insulation, the tranquility of the bee colonies is maintained;
- compared to wood, polyurethane foam does not rot and change its characteristics under the influence of moisture;
- The Nizhegorodian is lightweight, the body is easy to move to another place;
- hives are easy to operate, resistant to mechanical stress, rodents;
- subject to the operating conditions, according to reviews, the Nizhegorodets hives from PPU can last at least 5 years;
- due to the smooth and waterproof walls inside the hive, it is convenient to disinfect;
- thanks to good heat saving, Nizhegorodets does without additional warming mats, which are a source of accumulation of pathogens.
The safety of Nizhegorodets hives is confirmed by the fact that in the factory, the material of manufacture is checked for toxicity by the SES services. The polyurethane foam house is completely safe for bees, which cannot be guaranteed about a wooden analogue, where harmful bacteria can remain after self-processing.
Disadvantages of hives from PPU Nizhegorodets
According to reviews, the PPU beehive Nizhegorodets has a number of disadvantages. Most often they are associated with improper use. The following disadvantages are highlighted:
- Despite the long service life, it is recommended to change the PPU hives every 5 years.
- Self-extinguishing and incombustibility of PU foam is an advertising myth. Polyurethane foam is afraid of the effects of fire. At high temperatures, the material begins to melt.
- PUF is destroyed by UV rays. The hives should be hidden in the shade or painted with a thick layer of paint with a color reflecting the sun's rays.
- It is necessary to buy Nizhegorodets only from the manufacturer. Doubtful firms cast hives from cheap polyurethane foam with increased toxicity. A fake house will harm the bees, spoil the honey.
- PPU does not allow air to pass through. Inside the hive, the effect of a thermos is created. In case of poor ventilation, humidity increases, the bees get sick, and the productivity of the colony decreases.
According to the reviews of beekeepers, the Nizhegorodets hives sometimes change the taste of honey, in addition, a foreign sediment may appear. Negative consequences arise when the rules for keeping bees are violated, as well as in the case of using uncertified products.
Features of keeping bees in Nizhegorodets hives
According to reviews, the Nizhegorodets hive is not much different in service. However, a number of nuances exist, and they are associated with the peculiarity of polyurethane foam. First of all, the problem arises with condensation. Moisture is removed through the tap hole and the hole in the bottom. Be sure to provide round-the-clock air exchange.
The technology of keeping bees in Nizhegorodets has the following features:
- For the winter, the nests are not covered with a pillow. PPU keeps heat well, in addition, insulation is enhanced by the ceiling feeder.
- A polycarbonate insert is used to close the bottom in spring during egg-laying. The insert is not needed at other times of the year. Air exchange and condensate drainage are provided through the mesh.
- Hives are not brought into Omshanik for the winter. Otherwise, the cover must be equipped with ventilation inserts, leaving an open mesh bottom.
- During oviposition in spring, the behavior of the bees is monitored. Pumping out of the taphole indicates high humidity. To increase air exchange, the window of the mesh bottom of Nizhegorodets is slightly opened by extending the liner.
- During transport of the hives, the ventilation holes are closed with plugs.
- A closed space is formed inside Nizhegorodets. In autumn, there is an accumulation of carbon dioxide. This has a positive effect on the uterus. Egg-laying ceases in a timely manner, the bees enter the calm stage.
- In winter, a store extension is placed for feeding. If the hives remain in the field, the feed consumption is increased as the mesh bottom remains open. Under similar conditions, less feed consumption is observed in solid bottom wooden hives.
- During wintering on the street Nizhegorodets is raised on high stands. The condensate flowing down through the mesh bottom will freeze in a block under the house.
PPU hives will be useful if you know how to handle them correctly. Beekeepers advise to purchase 1-2 houses of Nizhegorodets for the apiary. When the experiment succeeds, you can replace most of the wooden hives with polyurethane foam analogues.
Beehives Nizhegorodets should not be bought by novice beekeepers. First, you need to perfectly know the technology of breeding bees, their weak and strong points, and it is better to do this with wooden houses. With the advent of experience, the apiary can be expanded by adding polyurethane foam hives.
Andrey Vladimirovich Dubtsov, 29 years old, Nizhny Novgorod
The apiary hibernates in the country, in the summer I take it out into the field. Nizhny Novgorod residents are convenient in terms of transportation. The hives are light, compact, but they have to be well fixed so that they are not overturned by the wind. PPU mice do not gnaw. I paint the houses every year, otherwise they will disappear under the sun.
Denis Sergeevich Tkachenko, 37 years old, Tuapse
In the old fashioned way I only recognize wooden beehives. I bought one Nizhegorodets for testing. In terms of accuracy, light weight, it wins. In hot summers in calm weather, it is difficult to provide good ventilation. There is increased dampness inside the house in spring. It is difficult to deal with moisture, the bee colony is weakening.