We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Harvesting northern cloudberries should not only be tasty, but also retain most of the vitamins and beneficial properties. Cloudberry in its own juice is a quick and easy recipe for harvesting tasty and healthy berries for the winter.
Secrets of making cloudberries in your own juice
In order to cook cloudberries in your own juice, you must first select the ingredients. The berry must be ripe, since only such specimens will provide the required amount of juice efficiently and quickly. Before you start cooking, you need to sort it out and rinse it. It is advisable to do this carefully so as not to crush the raw materials ahead of time.
The rest of the ingredients must be of high quality, and the jars in which the product will be stored must be clean and sterilized. Be sure to sort out the berries immediately after coming home and pick out all the garbage, twigs, leaves from there.
Overripe fruits are very delicate raw materials, and therefore care should be taken when preparing and washing. Any damage will compromise the integrity and deterioration of the product. But unripe cloudberries may not immediately start up the necessary liquid, and therefore it is better to use it for other types of preparation: preserves, jams, or simply dry it. Frozen berry is also popular, which retains all useful properties for a long period.
Cloudberries in their own juice with sugar
Sugar is the main ingredient that helps the berry to release its juice and remain for a long time. There are several recipes for making cloudberries in their own sugar and juice.
For the first recipe, you need to take half a kilogram of cloudberries and 250 g of sugar. The cooking procedure is as follows:
- Rinse the berries and drain.
- Pour in layers into a saucepan, alternately with sugar.
- Each sugar layer should be about 5 mm.
- Cover the jar of raw materials with a lid, refrigerate.
- After 5 hours, take it out and let it drain through a colander into a separate container.
- Boil the resulting liquid and let it simmer for a couple of minutes over low heat.
- Put raw materials in sterilized jars and pour boiling drink.
- Roll up and then turn over the cans and wrap them so that they cool as slowly as possible.
After the jars have cooled down, move them to a room with a temperature of up to + 10 ° C. They can be stored there for up to two years, especially if there is no access to sunlight.
For the second recipe, you need to take cloudberries and sugar. Recipe:
- Sort gently and then rinse.
- Pour into jars at the rate of 2 cm of raw materials - 2 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar.
- Shake the jars so that the product fits more tightly and does not create air pockets.
- The last layer is sugar with a "slide".
- Cover the jars with boiled lids and put in a dark place for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, sterilize all jars in a saucepan for 15 minutes.
- Instead of sterilization, experienced housewives advise using heating in the oven. To do this, place in a cold oven and heat it to 120 ° C. So stand 15 minutes, and then raise the temperature to 150 ° C and hold for another 15 minutes.
- Roll up the cans and wrap them for slow cooling in old blankets.
Any of these recipes will perfectly help preserve both the berry and all its beneficial properties. The berry perfectly lets the juice, and therefore a large amount of sugar is not required, sometimes a couple of spoons per layer of fresh raw material is enough.
Cloudberries in their own juice without sugar
To prepare a blank without sugar, you must have 1 kg of berries and 700 ml of drinking water. The procurement algorithm is as follows:
- Go through, removing all diseased and wrinkled specimens, and then rinse with running cold water.
- Put in clean, sterilized jars.
- Fill with berries to 2/3 of the container volume.
- Fill the rest with drinking cold water.
- Cover the container with gauze and fold it several times. The gauze should be clean and damp. Fasten on top with a thread or elastic band so that the gauze does not slip.
- Place in the basement for long-term storage.
In this form, the workpiece will be stored for up to two years and will not lose its properties and vitamins at all. It is important that only ripe and healthy raw materials get into such a jar, without damage and fungal diseases.
Recipe for cloudberries in their own juice for the winter with honey
Honey filling is also used as a blank. This is a healthy recipe that will help with colds and weakened immunity in winter.
This is an expensive recipe, but worth it:
- The product must be rinsed.
- Pour in a layer of raw materials, pour three tablespoons of honey.
- So fill the whole jar.
- The top layer is honey with a slide.
- Close the lid tightly.
The berry will let the liquid in and will stand calmly in a cool room all winter. At any time at hand there will be a useful delicacy with a huge set of vitamins and strengthening substances. At temperatures up to +4 ° C, the berry can be stored for more than a year. It is important that the sun does not fall on these banks, otherwise unpleasant processes may begin.
Rules for storing cloudberries in their own juice
Storing cloudberries in their own juice is no different from storing other blanks. First of all, you need coolness. When warm, the berries can ferment or deteriorate. The optimum storage temperature is 4–8 ° C. The best place is a cellar or basement. In an apartment, it can be a balcony or a refrigerator.
The second condition is the absence of light. All workpieces are better preserved in the dark.
Cloudberries in their own juice for the winter are a real storehouse of vitamins. The product contains everything necessary for immunity, and a pleasant taste in combination with sugar or honey will not leave indifferent any gourmet. In winter, the blank can be used both fresh and for preparing compotes, culinary dishes, pastries and fruit salads. In any case, the immune system will be grateful for such support on cold winter evenings, when the infection is on every corner. There are recipes for every taste, and the algorithm is very simple, the main thing is to follow the rules of subsequent storage.